Monday, 24 February 2014

Thor update.

 So the face is pretty much where I want it to be, a little tweaking here and there and some work on the nose as well as possibly defining the features a little more without going away from my pretty much cartoony design.

Spent half the day playing with PolyPaint with the intention of just painting the eyes with this fancy technique utilizing radial symmetry but then I got carried away and started painting the skin. This isn't my texturing phase I just thought I'd try out PolyPaint to see if I do want to include that in my pipeline; I don't think I'll use it for the most part but I'll see if I can use it for creating good base textures to then work on in Photoshop. I feel like I can accomplish a lot more in Photoshop utilizing the AO bakes but couldn't hurt to try new things.

Starting looking into better render techniques instead of the default Best setting which turns out grainy for some reason. Not the best use of the rendering in Zbrush but I like it.
So what the hell, I messed the face up to look like the expression on my concept; not permanently.

Also did a spitpaint. Nothing to do with this project but I did one.

I'll get onto making the helmet now as once that's on his bonce I think it'll all come together.

Snake Demon

No comments:

Post a Comment